Sunday, April 3, 2011

Judging Others...



I always liked to think that I was a very fair person. That I was in no way quick to judge other people before I knew them. I have proven myself very wrong in the last few weeks, with the help of some one that has recently come into my life.

So I guess to start my story, I need to explain that I have an undying love for cars. My latest love was wrecked just 3 short months after I bought her. So when the journey began to fix it, I began looking on the Internet for parts. I came across this stratus coupe forum, which I hung around for a couple of days, the people seemed nice and helpful so I joined. I never expected anything that did happen to happen.

It seems there is a young man pretty close to my age that is also a member, he lives around 2 hours away and is exactly my definition of out of my league. Even though I have never ever met him. That seemed to be judgment number 1.

Well anyway, him and I started talking a little more and a little more through emails, mostly about cars at first then a little more about personal stuff. It wasn't long before I developed a big old Internet crush on him. lol laugh all you want right now, but it happens!!

I learned that he is a personal trainer, very into fitness and sports. This is where I made another judgement. I assumed because he is a personal trainer that he was some beef cake jerk off with no personality. My third judgment came when I assumed that he would never ever like me, never ever even want to be my friend.

About a week past before he gave me his number. I was all kinds of excited about that. So I returned the favor and gave him mine, He said "it would be much easier then emailing"..... Okay :) So we chatted a bit, we flirted a bit, and we are quickly becoming friends. In here I made another judgement. I assumed that because I am a bigger girl he would never like me. I don't know if that judgement it true or not, but he told me I was pretty and had beautiful eyes.

Point is, I was so busy worrying about him judging me that I never turned it around to see that I was judging him. He has never given me any indication that he is a beef cake jerk off, and all of that stuff was all in my head. The more I get to know him the more I learn that he is very caring, has a great personality and an awesome sense of humor. 

I am glad that I have realized all of this at this point. It makes me wonder how many times I have done all of these little things in the past, and it makes me feel bad for jumping to conclusions. I am now a little more aware that I need to sweep my steps before I tell anyone to sweep theirs. Lesson learned, not every one is what you think they are going to be!


No comments:

Post a Comment